WELCOME TO THE PURPLE PEAR!
6016 NE Glisan Street, Portland, Oregon 97213
A GREAT PLACE TO SHOP FOR UNIQUE STOCKING STUFFERS AND THAT EXTRA SPECIAL GIFT!
Why not stop by The Purple Pear if you are in our neighborhood to complete your holiday shopping. You won't have to fight the traffic and crowds at the mall and you will find many unique gift items to choose from. Several suggestions are provided below. In addition, you can simply purchase a gift card which applies to all of our products including workshops. And if you want to order a gift card over the phone, just give us a call at 503-206-6554 and we'll have it ready for the next mail pickup!
GIFT IDEAS FROM THE PURPLE PEAR!
With the holiday season just around the corner, why not consider a gift item from The Purple Pear for your friends and loved ones. A few ideas are provided below and I will be updating this section from time to time as we transition closer to the December festivities.
1. We offer a complete line of Lollia™ fragrances, bath products and candles. These exquisite treats make great gifts! If you are in the neighborhood, stop by give Lollia™ a test.
2. We are pleased to offer a variety of unique aprons and gift cards created by Lindsay P Designs. The aprons are truly elegant gift items and the cards are beautiful works of paper art which include a fabric finish. Inside the cards, you can write notes for any occasion. We also have several other greeting card selections created in France as well as in the Northwest.
3. I just love my newest selection of Sévya Fair Trade scarves, including the infinity style I am wearing below. These beautiful silk scarves are made in India and come in jewel and earth tones.
4. If you are looking for a truly unusual gift for a gourmet friend, try our Garden Bon Bons. This "candy" shown below is for planting, not for eating! Four choices are included in the gift box: Red Clay Square (Lemon Balm/fresh leaves for teas and also for salads); White Clay Truffle (Anise/Licorice flavored leaves for tea, candies and cooking. Young leaves for salads, stems and roots for soups); Red Clay Truffle (Borage/Leaves for lovely cucumber flavored teas, blossoms for salads and desserts); and Red Clay Blossom (Chamomile/Daisy-like flowers for a soothing sleep-inducing tea).
5. How about a gift of NoMonet Flower Fairy Earrings? This delightful collection is made by Ventura-based Steph King from vintage brass filigree and Swarovski crystals. The primary components for these earrings are obtained from U.S. manufacturers which still create turn of the 20th century designed brass stampings. This modern, magical collection is designed with a soft vintage appeal made for confident individualistic women.
COLOR CONSULTATION AVAILABLE
If you are looking for that special color for your next project, I would love to assist! Bring photos, fabric/wall paper swatches or small pieces of furniture that you are seeking to match and we can work together to find the right color for you! To find your perfect color combination, just schedule an appointment for this complimentary service by calling The Purple Pear at 503-206-6554.
WE ARE CENTRALLY LOCATED!
NEED TO ORDER BY INTERNET/PHONE?
Annie Sloan's products, including her amazing Chalk Paint® and waxes, are ideally obtained directly at your local stockist. Each of those locations can provide you with expert guidance in color selection as well as answer any questions that you may have. A complete list of those locations can be found here. However, if you happen to live in an area where a local retailer is not accessible, we would love to fulfill your orders via our internet shop at the "shop" tab above. You can also call us at 503-206-6554 and we can take your order by phone. Either way, we will ship your order on the same business day if received prior to 3 pm Pacific Time. All orders are shipped via UPS and we will provide tracking numbers for your convenience.
WORKSHOP SCHEDULE FOR DECEMBER-JANUARY
My current workshop/event schedule is provided below. Each Chalk Paint® course is based on Annie Sloan's recommended techniques and she is shown in the photo below providing instructions at a similar workshop.
Saturday, December 14 - Chalk Paint® 101!
9:00 am - 12:00 pm, $70 Sold Out
This workshop covers the basics of the Annie Sloan Method. This is the perfect workshop for beginners and it includes the following four techniques:
• Annie's signature two-color distressed finish
• A smooth or modern finish
• A darkened, more rustic finish
• An elegant soft wash over gilded molding.
Saturday, January 11 - Artisan Enhancement
9:00 am - 1:00 pm, $115 Sold Out
This class will explore various finishes for the Chalk Paint®, including texture, foiling, pearl plaster, two different crackle techniques and stenciling with Fine Stone.
TO ENROLL IN A CLASS
To enroll, please call Phyllis de Vries at 503-206-6554 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your space! Please note that all classes must be paid in advance with refunds up to five days prior to class date. Book now to ensure your place in these fun and informative sessions!
ABOUT MY STORE
My store is an ongoing mix of home decor collections and romantic moods. I think interiors these days can be so much more than one style or look. Gift certificates from The Purple Pear make great gifts and apply toward all purchases, including my workshops.
The Purple Pear is centrally located in Portland, Oregon at 6016 NE Glisan Street. Our telephone number is 503-206-6554. We are open Tuesday through Friday from 10:00 am to 6:00pm and Saturday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm and closed on Sunday and Monday.
I love the products I sell because they allow one to be refined, romantic, modern, bohemian, or simply a mix of all styles. If you are in our neighborhood, please stop by and say hello. I would love to hear about your creative home decor ideas!